|3 years - 20°C powder
|USP of Products
Description of Ascorbyl Palmitate
Ascorbyl Palmitate is an antioxidant used as a chemical preservative in food additive and as an antioxidant in pharmaceuticals. When incorporated into the cell membranes of human red blood cells, Ascorbyl Palmitate is found to protect them from oxidative damage. The ascorbic acid released from the hydrolysis of Ascorbyl Palmitate seems to be as bioavailable as ascorbic acid alone.
Application of Ascorbyl Palmitate
- Food Additive: Used as an antioxidant in foods to prevent oxidation and prolong shelf life. It’s particularly effective in protecting fats and oils from rancidity.
- Cosmetic and Skincare Products: Incorporated in various skincare and cosmetic products for its antioxidant properties, helping to protect the skin from oxidative stress and improve skin appearance.
- Nutritional Supplements: As a dietary supplement, it provides the benefits of vitamin C, such as supporting immune function, collagen synthesis, and overall health.
- Lipid Protection: Being fat-soluble, it’s effective in protecting lipids in the body, including cell membranes, from oxidative damage.
- Vitamin C Fortification: Used to fortify certain foods and beverages with vitamin C, especially those containing fats and oils.
- Stabilizing Agent: Acts as a stabilizer in pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, helping to maintain the integrity and efficacy of the product.
- Skin Health: Promotes healthy skin by contributing to collagen synthesis and protection against UV-induced damage.
- Synergistic Antioxidant: Often used in combination with other antioxidants to enhance the protective effects against oxidative stress.
- Enhancing Product Absorption: In topical applications, its lipid solubility may aid in better absorption through the skin compared to water-soluble forms of vitamin C.
- Photoprotection: Some studies suggest it may provide some degree of photoprotection, protecting the skin from harmful UV rays.
- Improving Shelf Life of Cosmetics: Helps in extending the shelf life of cosmetic products by preventing oxidation of their ingredients.